Compensation: $125,000-$170,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Asset management firm is looking for a Controller to join its growing accounting team. This role will provide support for the Director of Finance and Accounting. The Controller will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day accounting.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Review and interpret organizational documents to set up new entities.
- Review administrator books and records for monthly and quarterly closes by utilizing internal accounting systems.
- Coordinate with other internal and external groups to ensure timely receipt of deliverables.
- Prepare and maintain various internal and external fund performance reports.
- Responsible for preparation of periodic reports for management as well as quarterly and annual financial and tax reporting.
- Assist auditors and administrators with preparation and review of annual financial statements, including supporting schedules and footnote disclosures.
- Assist with preparation and review of responses to prospective and existing investor requests.
- Perform other ad hoc tasks and projects as requested.
- 7 + years of relevant public accounting experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- CPA required.
- Closed ended credit hedge fund accounting experience required.
- Audit experience is preferred.
- Experience with Advent Geneva a plus.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential material with discretion.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Understanding of accounting and reporting processes required.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.