Compensation: $225,000-$275,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Finance company is looking for an experienced Commercial Finance Transaction Attorney to work on the business side as a member of the deal team. This role will combine both legal and business aspects of the company's commercial finance transactions, with a focus on deal execution.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Under supervision of Head of Banking, taking ownership of individual credit transactions and assisting them to successful closing.
- Participating in initial business discussions and preliminary due diligence, with a view towards front-running any legal issues and determining appropriate transaction structure.
- Drafting, negotiating and finalizing letters of intent and term sheets.
- Managing and supervising outside counsel in preparation of transaction documents, including reviewing and negotiating transaction documents.
- Communicating open issues to internal constituents (credit, operations, legal, compliance) and managing prompt resolution of same.
- As needed, drafting legal documents for minor amendments, waivers and other one-off agreements.
- As needed, provide support for special projects relating to finance transactions.
- 3-5 years of relevant law-firm experience in sophisticated secured lending transactions.
- Experience with warehouse and term credit facilities secured by consumer loans or small business receivables is a plus.
- Juris Doctor degree from a well-regarded law school and membership in a US state bar.
- Excellent business judgment and interpersonal skills, to facilitate negotiations with external and internal constituencies.
- Agile and flexible thinker; ability to be a quick study.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, meticulous attention to detail, maturity, an eye for business, proactivity, and an excellent attitude.
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take ownership of projects
- Natural self-starter, with the ability to work efficiently both solo and as part of a team.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.