Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Location: Redbank, NJ, Shrewsbury, NJ, Brick, NJ, Holmdel, NJ, and Ocean Grove, NJ
Shifts: 7 AM to 3:30 PM, 3 PM to 11:30 PM or 11 PM to 7:30 AM
The CNA is part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver patient-centered nursing and rehabilitation services to patients. Provides direct resident care to ensure the resident’s plan of care is followed.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Provides patient care, as per Patient Care Plan, including but not limited to ROM exercises, ambulation, transfer training, assisting with feeding and calorie counts, bed making, personal hygiene, skin checks, AM and HS care, vital signs, answer call bells promptly, post-mortem care, assist with room changes, and participate in reports.
- Identify and report all real or potential problems regarding the administration of patient care.
- Ensure residents are wearing/using adaptive equipment, as ordered.
- Ensures patients are clean, neatly dressed, groomed, safe, and fed during assigned shift hours.
- Follows through on ordered restorative nursing for assigned patients.
- Completes all required tasks, documentation, and reports daily as per facility policy and state and federal regulations.
- Records intake and output and bowel movements.
- Reports any unusual changes in patient condition to Nurse promptly.
- Communicates pertinent information and actual or potential problems to the Nurse throughout the shift.
- Identifies patient needs and treatment opportunities, providing services to meet those needs on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains professional competence and keeps current with Occupational Health trends through participation in continuing education, in-service programs, professional staff sessions, and training of nursing personnel.
- Fosters good relationships and communications with all Team Members, patients, family/significant others, and visitors.
- Must be a NJ Licensed Certified Nursing Assistant with a minimum of 6 months prior experience working in a long-term care and rehabilitation facility.
- Must have experience in skilled nursing facility, subacute (short term) patient population – post-surgery, hip replacement, motor vehicle accidents, stroke, and a variety of other conditions.
- BLS required (American Heart Association).