Case Manager (Hybrid)
Location: New York, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens
Hours: M-F. Daytime hours
Benefits package available.
We’re looking for a Case Manager (Hybrid). Are you empathetic, caring, organized, and have strong relationship-building skills? This role is for you! Case managers understand and know about their communities and the different resources available. They conduct home visits and link clients with local services in the community, as well as coordinate group activities for their caseload. You will be responsible for providing support services to help individuals remain housed and to address needs such as benefits/entitlements, activities of daily living, substance abuse, and mental health services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct initial and ongoing assessments of clients, including completion of biannual and psychosocial assessments, and provide crisis intervention when needed.
- Conduct psychosocial evaluations.
- Connect clients to medical treatment and substance use treatment facilities when applicable.
- Connect clients to job training programs, recreational activities, community services, food and nutrition programs.
- Obtain identification, public benefits, and other applicable income sources for clients.
- Meet weekly with clients to assess needs, encourage harm reduction, and develop service plans.
- Assist clients with the preparation of documents needed for recertification and maintaining their housing.
- Escort clients to appointments when needed.
- Maintain record keeping in compliance with agency standards as well as those of City and State agencies.
- Intervene in crisis situations.
- Upon training, provide assistance with self-administration of medication consistent with Breaking Ground’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with harm reduction and motivational interviewing techniques is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to learn new programs.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills.