Non-profit organization is looking to add a Crisis Counselor to its team. The ideal candidate has a passion for helping others and possesses excellent communication skills. This is a remote position and has a benefits package available.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Provide evidence-informed information and referral, brief supportive counseling, crisis intervention and suicide prevention support to visitors who are in emotional distress.
- Conduct assessments in accordance to program policies & procedures.
- Utilize resource referral database to provide information and referral assistance to callers seeking mental health and substance abuse services.
- Provide follow-up to high-risk callers reporting suicidal and homicidal thoughts and behaviors.
- Manage interactions to ensure appropriate level of support is provided in efficient manner.
- Adhere to policies & procedures for each service.
- Accurately and efficiently document client interactions.
- Meet or exceed established key performance indicator goals.
- Utilize telephone, SMS texting, and web chat to interact with clients.
- Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field required.
- Experience working in healthcare contact center or in mental health counseling strongly preferred.
- National Provider Identification number required.
- Active listening skills to establish working alliance with callers and chat visitors.
- Efficiency with information-gathering, and problem-solving to facilitate resolution of inquiries.
- Superior communication skills to convey information clearly, accurately and completely.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor when handling crisis and other difficult contacts.
- Efficiency with balancing pace and flow of conversation and call time.
- Bilingual is a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.