- Confirming that funds are being reported for pursuant to the governing fund documents.
- Delivering oversight and instruction to our clients offshore accounting team in preparing and preserving the books and records of limited partnerships and/or separate accounts
- Evaluating and resolving daily cash and asset reconciliation breaks.
- Recording and integration of hedging activity and ensuring investments are properly hedged.
- Reviewing and approving the postings of complex corporate actions
- Estimating and posting of monthly closing accruals
- Calculating of income and expense allocations to each partner, including updating of distribution waterfall based on the terms of the governing documents
- Determining and preparing distributions and draw-downs
- Preparing of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to clients
- Analyzing and calculating of performance metrics for partnerships/accounts as well as for each investment
- Coordinating with funds’ independent auditors, custodians, prime brokers and fund administrators
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferable in Accounting. CPA is a plus.
- At least ten years’ experience with a combination of public and private accounting. Five plus years’ experience within the financial services industry, ideally within the investment management industry essential
- Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis
- Excellent understanding of accounting and the ability to apply relevant investment company accounting rules
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiency in SS&C Geneva highly desirable.
- Relationship Building; works effectively with strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives, talents, and backgrounds. Ability to elicit cooperation from and gain the confidence of a wide variety of participants including other departments and third-party service providers.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.