Location: New York, NY
Accounting firm is seeking an Insurance Audit Senior to join its team based in New York, NY. Ideally, the candidate will have experience with property and casualty, life, and health insurance companies. Light travel required for role.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Perform and supervise audits, reviews, and compilations of insurance companies.
- Execute client engagements from pre-engagement planning through completion.
- Coordinate communication and progress between client and all members of the engagement team.
- Evaluate and analyze financial statements prepared on a statutory basis of accounting.
- Identify accounting, reporting, and internal control issues based on professional standards.
- Supervise, train, and mentor engagement staff regarding the audit process.
- Assess performance for engagement reviews.
- Mentor and develop team members through various trainings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required.
- 2 – 5 years of public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA certification or actively pursuing required.
- Experience with SEC registrants, mutual companies, and US operations of international insurance and reinsurance preferred.
- Knowledge of claims and underwriting processes preferred.
- Strong knowledge of ProSystem Engagement preferred.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.