Location: Stamford, CT
The Atlantic Group is representing an Audit Senior opportunity with an accounting firm based in Stamford, CT. This position will require some light traveling and is full-time.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Provide timely, high-quality client service.
- Coordinate the auditing of all required financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables.
- Develop an understanding of the client’s business.
- Understand and utilize RSM’s audit methodology.
- Supervise audit associates on engagement teams and function.
- Monitor and report engagement team productivity and adherence to work plan schedules on each assignment.
- Anticipate and address client concerns.
- Interact with clients to help ensure the information flow from the client to the audit team is efficient.
- Identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related required.
- 2 + years of experience in a public accounting.
- CPA required.
- Understanding of audit services required.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, GAAS and FASB regulations.
- Excellent understanding of fair value accounting, investment company accounting, and audit investment companies.
- Experience working with investment funds.
- Experience performing substantive testing and analytical review procedures.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.