Compensation: $100,000-$160,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Global leader in alternative investing is seeking an Associate/Senior Associate for the Leveraged Finance Operations Group. This person will work on CLOs, CLO Warehouses, and Asset-Backed Bank Debt facilities. As an Associate/Senior Associate in the Leveraged Finance Operations Group, you will model CLO and leverage facilities.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Participate in ramping middle market CLOs, CLO Warehouses, and Asset-Backed Bank Debt facilities, along with negotiating legal documents such as Credit Agreements, Indentures, and Loan and Servicing Agreements.
- Model CLO and leverage facilities utilizing Microsoft Excel.
- Lead the CLO warehouse launch, daily deliverables, closing warehouse into a CLO, and its ongoing life cycle from the Middle Office Operations perspective.
- Proactively monitor CLO, warehouse, and borrowing base facilities by running hypothetical scenarios and communicating the results of such analyses in a clear and concise manner to senior management.
- Project and reconcile monthly/quarterly waterfall payment calculations with trustees.
- Project cash flows to ensure upcoming funding obligations are met; suggest capital calls/distributions when needed, while ensuring debt is utilized subject to the leverage profiles of each fund.
- Reconcile internal data with third-party trustees, custodians, and prime brokers and ensure the accuracy of monthly investor reporting.
- Produce various internal and external ad-hoc reporting for senior management.
- Interface with various internal groups including but not limited to operations, accounting, financial reporting, legal, and loan credit officers.
- Take ownership of existing internal projects focused on process improvements and identify potential new projects.
- Create process flows for current processes, to identify potential synergies and improve efficiencies.
- 2-4+ years of professional experience in Structured Finance, CLOs, or Leveraged Loans
- Bachelor’s degree required with preference for coursework in Business/Finance/Accounting/Mathematics.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skillset.
- Experience with VBA, Python, and SQL is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable with taking full ownership of the various responsibilities assigned to you without the need for constant oversight.
- Experience with finding ways to improve processes to make them less manual and more efficient.
- Comfort with reading and interpreting CLO Indentures and Credit Agreements for other Leveraged borrowing facilities.
- Experience with SQL, VBA, Python, or other programming languages is highly desirable.
- Experience with Wall Street Office, Black Mountain Systems, Intex, Visio, and PowerBi.
- Experience with bank loans (ideally middle market).
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.