Compensation: $90,000-$115,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Global Private-Equity Firm is seeking a Associate Fund Accountant to work on multiple complex Special Purpose Vehicles (“SPV”) structures and partner with a variety of groups to support the firm's largest PE Funds and other Funds. This individual will be tasked with the quality execution of the day-to-day core accounting responsibilities, managing external administrators, engaging with the Backoffice teams on trade settlement and corporate action and actively driving the year-end audit cycle. This is a tremendous opportunity to understand the complexity and diversity in certain SPV’s and investments. Candidates for this position will have the ability to drive change and help scale through participation in technology projects, controlsworkflow and overall delivering quality service to clients.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Assist with month-end close process, including completing a NAV package with all the relevant supporting documentation, maintaining the Fund-level waterfall, calculating performance figures, coordinate investor reporting to limited partners, assisting with corporate and regulatory reporting.
- Create and/or review financial statements, facilitate the audit and provide information for tax preparation annually.
- Calculation of management fees & other fees on PE style structures.
- Cash management of Funds including updating and reviewing the daily cash reports of over 100 SPV’s, cash and stock distributions and capital calls.
- Daily review of trade and cash reconciliations reports received from the Operations teams and assisting in investigating cash and positions breaks between Funds books and various custody platforms.
- Reviewing the admin books on quarterly basis and help resolve any difference in the books.
- Analyze and prepare expense allocations and budgets between multiple legal entities.
- Maintain fund general ledger and prepare partner capital activity notices including distribution waterfalls
- Extensive P & L Analysis & General Ledger Maintenance; participating in project appraisal both current and old including providing AUM and IRR data to AUM/Performance team.
- Responsible for Fund expense payments, trade settlements, budgeting and as well as fixed income projections.
- Maintenance of hedge package documentation and Hedge effectiveness.
- Complete ad hoc and special projects and initiatives as directed.
Ideal candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with majors in finance, accounting and /or economics and a Post Graduate Degree or its equivalent qualification. CPA a plus.
Applicant must at least have the equivalent of 3-4 years U.S. Experience in a Hedge Fund/PE Style/Financial Services industry with familiarity in (loans and bonds), equities, credit derivatives.
Strong U.S. GAAP technical accounting expertise, Luxembourg, Singapore and Hong Kong GAAP’s a plus.
Working knowledge of VPM and Investran a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion