Compensation: $90,000-$120,000 + bonus
Real Estate Investment Firm is seeking an Assistant Controller and a Senior Fund Accountant to join the growing Finance Team.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financials on a GAAP and cash basis for investor and lender reporting.
- Assist in the annual audit and tax filings with our third-party tax and audit teams.
- Develop a thorough understanding of fund financial performance actual vs budget.
- Work with the property management team to understand the gaps between actual and budget.
- Coordinate monthly cash reconciliations with the VP of Finance.
- Assist in answering any financial-related questions from investors and lenders.
- Assist in correcting GL balances for accounts as needed for generating accurate financials.
- Booking of new acquisitions as well as booking transfers of cash movement between accounts.
- Calculate and enter accruals for GAAP financials.
- Prepare capital calls and distributions.
- Upload investor information onto the investor reporting platform.
- Preparing financial statements for feeder entities.
- Cash management of bank accounts and ensuring that all transfers are done accurately.
- Work with Wells Fargo and Bank of America on various banking issues such as new account setups, compliance/due diligence, and other items.
- Send wires for new acquisitions and one-off expenses.
- Assist the Senior Fund Controller with other responsibilities as needed.
- 2-6 years experience in fund accounting/administration.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly skilled in math, accounting, and financial processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.