Compensation: $100,000-$125,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Private Investment Firm is seeking a full-time Assistant Controller / Senior Reporting Analyst or Associate to join its growing Accounting, Operations, and Investor Relations Team, which is focused on managing the day-to-day accounting, operations, and investor needs of the firm and its real estate investment fund.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Administer the expense report program including reimbursement to employees for expenses.
- Coordinate with outsourced fund administrator on cash reconciliations, financial statement preparation, and the delivery of investor statements.
- Assist with audit and tax-related matters for the firm, funds, and investments.
- Management of vendor relationships to ensure the timely payment of invoices, confirming the validity of charges and that proper approvals are in place according to firm policies.
- Responsible for managing firm track record, analytics, reporting, and preparation of the fund waterfall model.
- Create and maintain documentation on key internal processes that enable the team to streamline the Firm for additional growth, train new team members, and lay the foundation for automation.
- Administration of investor data room and investor reporting online portals.
- Preparation of ad hoc and routine investor-specific reporting.
- Preparation and/or review of investor capital notices, capital statements, audit confirms, and ILPA reporting
- Assisting with investor events and meetings
- Assist with administering the compliance program, including the administration of compliance software.
- Assist with regulatory filings
- Assist with partnership agreements and side letter compliance tracking.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record.
- 2-5 years of related accounting/audit (CPA or CPA candidate), operations, investor relations, and/or finance experience.
- Advanced Excel modeling skills required – able to create, modify and update financial models and fund waterfalls.
- Proven history of managing a variety of projects with time constraints.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.