Location: New York, NY
The Accounts Payable Specialist will assist the accounts payable manager on all matters related to the research, maintenance, and implementation of accounts payable functions and procedures.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Research, allocate, prepare and code petty cash, check request payments, and vendor invoices.
- Mark for payment, print, and mail all petty cash, check request payments, and vendor invoices.
- Answer phone inquiries received in the A/P department.
- Assist with account analysis and research vendor questions.
- Monitor and update cash disbursement account information.
- Maintain weekly vendor list.
- Manage rush requests.
- File all 1099s.
- Open mail, date, and stamp.
- Review all vendor invoices and statements.
- Research and follow up on any outstanding questions regarding vendor invoices.
- Make bank deposits.
- Filing, copying, and mailing as necessary for the department.
- Assist Accounts Receivable to locate copies of invoices as necessary for billing.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Manager whenever needed.
- High school diploma.
- 2+ years of experience in Accounts Payable.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have excellent written and communication skills.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.