Accounts Payable Associate
Compensation Range + bonus range: $60,000
Location: Westchester, NY
We are representing a hospital that is looking to fill a non-clinical role.
- Ensure that data entry is timely.
- Input data of all invoices.
- Perform cash applications.
- Participate in preparing, coordinating, and distributing accounts.
- Process monthly, accrual listing for general ledger
- High School diploma or equivalent degree
- Basic computer skills
- Use of general equipment such as a fax machine, copier and calculator.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.
Accounts Payable Associate
Salary: $60 k
Schedule: 9 AM to 5 PM
Job Type: Direct Hire (office based)
Reports to: Accounts Payable
Participates in all aspects of payment processing which includes the processing of invoices, check requests, cash application as well as 1099 update and year end process.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
1. Ensures the timely data entry of all invoices and check requisitions.
2. Inputs requisitions of expenditures from special funds (development & capital funds).
3. Performs cash application as required.
4. Reconciles discrepancies in conjunction with purchasing
5. Submits all matched documentation with discrepancies to the purchasing department.
6. Opens and alphabetizes all accounts payable mail.
7. Participates in the preparation, coordination and distribution of accounts payable checks.
8. Files invoices, statements, problem mail and purchase orders.
9. Compares purchase orders with invoices for accuracy and completeness.
10. Answers phone calls and letters/emails regarding vendor problems with invoices and checks.
11. Participates in the process of scanning backup documentation.
12. Processes monthly, accrual listing for general ledger.
13. Cross trained to perform in other areas of general accounting/finance as required.
14. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education& Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic Computer skills required.
- Use of general office equipment including fax machine, copier, calculator.
· Attention to Detail
· Problem Solving Skills
· Planning & Organizational Skills
· Communication Skills
· Team Work
· Project Management Skills
· Judgment and Decision Making Skills
· Maintains Composure under Stress
Physical/MentalDemands/Requirements& Work Environment
· May be exposed to chemicals necessary to perform required tasks. Any hazardous chemicals the employee may
be exposed to are listed in the hospital’s SDS (Safety Data Sheet) data base and may be accessed through the
hospital’s Intranet site (Employee Tools/SDS Access). A copy of the SDS data base can also be found at the
hospital switchboard, saved on a disc.
· Ability to move about the office and to other departments routinely including main Hospital Campus.
· Ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
· Constantly utilizes/operates computer to access and record/enter information
· Constantly copies, scans and faxes documents from computer and other scanning locations.