Compensation: $150,000-$225,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Multi-billion hedge fund is seeking an Accounting Director, FinOp to join their New York office. This role will lead the accounting and finance for a newly launched broker dealer. This is a hybrid role with excellent benefits, including free breakfast and lunch.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Manage and perform the responsibilities associated with the accounting functions Firm's broker dealer entities.
- Assisting with the month end close processes, including international subsidiaries.
- Responsible for the preparation of financial statements for the broker dealer entities on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Perform the daily net capital calculation to ensure compliance with FINRAs Net Capital Rule and File Focus Reports (monthly and/or quarterly).
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual FINRA financial reporting requirements.
- Monitoring regulatory updates and assist in preparation of regulatory reports and filings for the broker dealer entities.
- Maintain the books and records of the broker dealer company entities and perform reconciliations of ledger accounts, ensuring accuracy of financial and regulatory reporting.
- Prepare journal entries, statements of income and operations, cash flow and other supporting schedules.
- Serve as a point of contact with regulators and internal/external auditors.
- Key player in developing and driving process improvement and automation initiatives.
- Work closely with the Accounting, Compliance, Legal, Technology, Execution Services, Corporate Strategy, and other internal departments within the firm.
- Stay up to date on new regulatory developments for the broker dealer entities and implement any necessary changes to the Firm’s policies, procedures, and reporting.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field.
- Licensed CPA required.
- Minimum of 7 years of accounting experience, preferably experience in a combination of public accounting, registered broker dealer, hedge fund or investment manager with a focus on accounting, financial management and financial reporting.
- Series 27 Financial Operations Principal (FINOP) license required
- Strong understanding of GAAP.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.