Compensation: $80,000-$85,000 + bonus
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Healthcare services company looking to add a bright and self-motivated Staff Accountant to our Accounting and Finance Team who can effectively manage the day-to-day finance operations and the monthly financial reporting process. The Accountant will directly report to the controller and will manage an external consultant. This will be an excellent opportunity to learn all aspects of financial reporting, financial consolidation, auditing, tax, and treasury function. There are significant opportunities to grow and develop in this position.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Manage the Accounts Payable function, including vendor/customer payments, expense reimbursements, and loan and dividend payments.
- Review journal entries prepared by an external consultant and book accrual entries to QuickBooks Online.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations prepared by the external consultant.
- Prepare monthly financial accounts schedules for A/R, A/P, fixed assets, prepaid assets, and intangible assets accounts as part of month-end close.
- Prepare monthly trial balances and consolidated financial statements for four reporting entities.
- Assist with year-end audit and provide audit support to external auditors.
- Assist a third-party tax preparer and the controller with all tax-related matters, including quarterly tax payments, annual tax returns, and Form -1099 filings.
- Resolve and respond to any customer and vendor requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintain and manage vendor and customer data in the system (QuickBooks).
- Collaborate with the controller to improve accounting policies and procedures.
- Other ad-hoc administrative duties as assigned.
- 1 to 3 years of General Accounting experience, ANY industry.
- Accounting degree.
- Experience with Quickbooks.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.