Job Overview – Account Reconciliations and Certifications Oversight Specialist:
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Account Reconciliations and Certifications Oversight Specialist to join our client's Close and Consolidation team in the Controller’s department. In this role, you will oversee the execution of account reconciliations, certifications, and management letters of representation. Your collaborative efforts will involve coordinating with internal stakeholders, offshore teams, leadership, and external auditors.
Compensation: $105,000 – $140,000 + bonus + pension
Location: Boston, Massachusetts – Hybrid (3 days in office, two days at home)
Join a leading financial organization that has consistently exceeded goals and bonuses for 12 consecutive years. Our client, a Fortune 500 company, is known for its excellent workplace culture, flexibility, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Manage execution of account reconciliations, certifications, and management letters of representation processes
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including senior management and auditors
- Review audit of reconciliations and certifications, ensuring accuracy and compliance
- Coordinate mapping to chart of accounts and ownership of static account balances
- Oversee reconciliation and clearing of suspense account balances.
- Support late journal entries approval and unbooked adjustments summary process
- Own and manage account reconciliation and certification tool controls
- Maximize the value of reports created by the team
- Provide insightful analysis to key constituents in a clear and concise manner
- Research and interpret changes in accounting policies and emerging trends
- Drive continuous improvement within reporting processes
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 6+ years of experience with audited statements, including disclosures, OR 3+ years of experience in audited statutory and GAAP reporting in life insurance companies
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (ideal)
- Knowledge of advanced insurance and investment statutory accounting principles (ideal)
- Strong financial analysis and reporting background
- Proficiency in general ledger reporting cubes, data gathering, and validation
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint
- CPA or advanced degree in accounting (preferred)
- Brand new office space with WFH flexibility
- Competitive compensation package with bonus and pension
- Excellent benefits including charity contribution matching, medical team access, 401K, commuter benefits, and more
- Strong focus on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Exciting and collaborative work environment
Application Notice: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, Atlantic Group will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.