We are representing a VP of Application Development position for a Media firm in NYC
- The role will include database administration, writing technical specifications, providing technical guidance, and code review while managing the activities and software deliveries of a web and application development team of six. Activity will be closely aligned with the strategies and designs of VP Application Development/Chief Software Architect to achieve a holistic view of the company’s applications and services.
- Experience working with business owners to understand business objectives, recommend process changes and architect user requirements into technical solutions which are efficient and maintainable.
- Experience managing technical teams and projects.
- Experience designing web services and API’s in XML, JSON, SOAP and RESTful formats for use with business partners, internal systems and data warehouse platforms.
- Ability to design thoughtful user interfaces which meet functional requirements and are easy to learn and use.
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
- Ability to understand existing business processes from a technical perspective as well as investigate and troubleshoot operational issues in a time critical environment.
- Ability to link vision and strategy with overall business objectives and communicate rationale in a compelling, concise manner.
- Ability and willingness to be hands on in software development and technical issues.
- Demonstrate a repertoire of skills such as scheduling, prioritizing, organizing, planning, problem solving, decision-making, financial savvy, and attention to detail, and follow through.
- Maintain a big picture, strategic outlook with the ability to iterate from company strategy to product development and planning.
- A validated progression of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and development manager.
- Self-motivated, standout colleague, action-and-results oriented.
- Well organized, exceptional communication and presentation skills- effective communicator/presenter to groups of all sizes and levels of management.
- Extraordinary project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Extraordinary leadership capability.
- 15+ years’ experience, including at least 4 years developing software and/or web applications in RPGLE on the AS400, iSeries and/or PowerX platforms.
- College degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, or closely related curriculums.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.