The Accounting Officer – Financial Reporting is working closely with Chief Financial Officer and primarily responsible for managing general ledger and sub ledgers, preparing monthly and quarterly financial statements and a consolidate package, preparing and maintaining account reconciliations and internal reports, performing account analysis, leading automation initiatives, and responding to various requests from external / internal parties.
- Complete month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial statements and other reporting items accurately and timely in conformance with US GAAP
- Prepare monthly closing journal entries and maintain reconciliations for balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Record necessary journal entries to terminate leases and take them off from the GL
- Perform various analysis including but not limited to budget to actual analysis, profit analysis by product, and fluctuation analysis
- Prepare internal / external reports as requested
- Process ST and LT loans on a weekly basis
- Respond to requests from internal/external parties including a third party accounting firm who prepares tax returns and performs audits
- Assist in evaluating processes based on risks and efficiency, and developing new processes through automation and/or procedural change
- Assist in analysis and documentation of internal accounting controls and procedures
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to participating in special projects, system enhancements, automation initiatives, or ad hoc analyses/projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA, or in the process of becoming a CPA
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting working experience under US GAAP/US GAAS with mix of public accounting and small corporate company accounting background, preferably in financial industry
- Great team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify problems and items to be improved and recommend solutions to moderately complex control, financial, or technical issues.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Able to work independently on multiple assignments by prioritizing workload while effectively supporting teamwork and achievement of team objectives
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Self-starter with high ethical standards
- Ability to work closely with the internal / external team under pressure and in fast changing environment to achieve company goals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook skills, including complex spreadsheets
- Knowledge of Great Plains is a plus
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future.
NOTE: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.