In this critical role on the Program Management Office team you will have global responsibility for the strategy, execution and support of our consultants. This position becomes the liaison between the Information Technology and the consulting organization with a scope focused on productivity tools, enterprise systems, and process workflows used by consultants to deliver and account for their engagements. The BRM-Consulting Support will develop multi-year capability road-maps, strategic plans and specific business cases for initiatives for these functions and then manages the execution of those initiatives according to the program management standards promulgated by the Technology PMO. The BRM role requires a deep knowledge in the functional area and technology acumen that supports solving business problems and enabling achievement of goals. The Business Relationship Manager-Consulting Support is full-time role reporting to the Director, Technology Programs with a preferred location of New York, NY
Southfield, MI is an option with willingness to travel 25-50%. Paid relocation is not available for this location.
- Participate in and report back on guilds, institutions, or other BRM specific networks and groups
- Support and enforcement of IT PMO processes and systems
- Oversight of project management of initiatives in TRS, EI, FAS, and Digital consulting spaces, providing communication back to business areas on their projects’ status; project management for reasonable initiatives in the absence of project manager
- Collaborate on development of strategic plans, roadmaps, business cases and prioritization of consulting system initiatives and tasks
- Liaison between IT and consulting communities for operational and other related technology issues
- Lead portfolio planning and develop annual portfolio plan and estimates for each initiative (effort and dollars); support the cross prioritization of initiatives across functional areas
- Represent business area(s) to technology at all levels of governance (sustain, projects, programs, cross-functional initiatives, etc.)
- Collaborate on evaluation of vendors and development of new systems requirements; Manage vendors providing technology services and systems to Marketing/BIC
- Attend workshops, seminars, webinars, conferences, industry and other sources of technology-specific advancements, capabilities, and functionality that can specifically support, solve problems, or advance the cause of the business-area represented; build and maintain technology acumen
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Information Systems or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 5 years in Project Management, Business
- Relationship Management or Business Analysis. Experience in an established consulting firm as a consultant is a plus.
- 3 years’ experience in a digital Marketing or CRM support role or other significant exposure to
- Marketing and / or BIC business processes and systems is preferred.
- Certification in Program Management such as a PMP is preferred.
- Certification or membership in Business Relationship Management or Business Analysis network, organization, or other
- Process and detail oriented with ability to grasp the big picture. The ideal candidate would be a creative and innovative person with a demonstrated track record of collaboration.
- Must be a polished presenter and have a good executive presence.
- Travel, including International travel, up to 25%-50%may be required.
- Good facility with general MS Office tools and Project Management tools is desired
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.