The Tax Manager will work to deliver on key finance Tax initiatives across the organization including, but not limited to, reviewing tax returns, analyzing financial statements and ensuring information is accurate on all documents. The position will provide the person with an opportunity to gain some exposure to the planning and structuring side as the person continues to work on the compliance side of the business and other projects outside of tax.
The Tax Manager must possess the ability to communicate effectively, foster teamwork, prioritize tasks, demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, and have great attention to detail. The services and actions of the Tax Manager will always show the professionalism, care and managerial insight that we use to enable our portfolio companies to achieve a new level of growth and profitability.
- Assume full responsibility for all tax compliance administration and provide expert guidance on a broad range of tax compliance matters
- Manage the third-party tax service providers
- Review partner tax allocations, tax adjustments, Schedules K-1, and Forms 1065
- Prepare and review tax estimates
- Participate in tax planning and monitoring of book vs. tax return differences throughout the year
- Ensure accurate completion of Schedules K-1 and tax filings by applicable deadlines
- Prepare and review written responses to tax notices from various federal and state tax agencies
- Perform other ad-hoc functions outside of the core tax role to support the Corporate Control in treasury, expense management and financial reporting related functions
- Manage the relationship with the outside accounting firm and comfortable working independently.
- Active CPA, public accounting experience
- At least 7 years of tax experience in the hedge fund/alternative investment industry
- Ability to manage relationship with third party tax preparer and review returns with Controller/CFO/CEO
- Comprehensive and broad-based experience in federal and state tax law; substantive understanding of partnership tax compliance
- Ability to expand job responsibilities in functions outside of tax expertise
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization, time management and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement
- Learning agile, able to adapt quickly and appropriately in accordance with the constant evolution of the company and industry
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.