We are representing an established, multi-billion dollar Private Equity fund in NYC that is seeking to hire a Tax Manager
- Maintaining tax attributes of all Fund investments in Security Master Database: Analyzing all new investments from a tax perspective; Analyze Reorganizations and modifications of debt positions for U.S. tax purposes
- Review of complex federal and state tax allocations, tax returns, K-1s and foreign attachments for the Credit (Non-Control) Closed-end Funds.
- Responsible for quarterly tax estimate allocations and deliverables
- Work with administrator to ensure portfolio accounting and allocation files are accurate and complete before providing to tax preparers
- FATCA compliance and reporting including review of filing templates
- Preparation of ECI and FDAP withholding calculations, review of 1042s and 8805s prepared by service provider and the maintenance of U.S. tax forms.
- Coordination with various internal teams (Accounting, GP, Operations, Legal) to augment the flow of information, including the implementation of process improvements
- Preparing/Reviewing investment structure charts
- Preparing/Reviewing Fund and SPV tax withholding documentation
- Assist in implementing various global investment structures (e.g. working with advisors to constitute new SPVs, file tax elections forms, file for tax id’s, etc.)
- 5-8 years of Asset Management tax experience
- Will require Strong technical tax knowledge in dealing with fixed income / credit products (bonds, bank debt, CDS, distressed debt, ABS) and hedge fund allocations (aggregation, sidepockets, etc.)
- Familiarity with CFC rules (Subpart F, GILTI, Ownership Attribution) a positive
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of the application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.