The Atlantic Group is seeking a driven and experienced tax professional who is currently working in public or private accounting or investment bank with REIT and Corporate tax accounting experience (including calculating tax provisions). Extensive knowledge of deferred tax accounting for federal and state income taxes is required. The position will be located in Old Greenwich, CT.
- Preparation and monitoring of income tax provisions and related GAAP disclosures
- Responsible for daily monitoring of REIT compliance, including estimating current taxable income, assisting with forecasting taxable income, tax characterization of dividends and the REIT income and asset tests.
- Assist with the automation and maintenance of daily REIT compliance reporting and coordinating with risk, compliance, tax, and public reporting groups
- Preparation of workpapers detailing book/tax adjustments for publicly traded REITs and private corporations to support the quarterly and annual REIT compliance tests, tax provisions and other tax requirements including (but not limited to) tax return preparation
- Data management for tax amortization calculations relating to mortgage-backed securities, mortgages, loans, real estate assets, and other fixed income instruments including working with external tax advisors
- Assist in monitoring compliance with tax trading guidelines and analyzing potential purchases for tax issues
- Assist in monitoring FATCA compliance for all entities
- Responsible for maintaining detailed tax calendar and coordinating release of 1099s
- Assist in research to respond to investor tax questions
- Responding to tax notices from federal and state tax authorities
- Researching federal and state tax issues and prepare summary memos
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (Masters in Taxation a plus)
- 4-12 years of federal and state tax and REIT compliance experience
- Advanced data management and spreadsheet skills required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (required) and SQL (preferred)
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.