We are representing a IT Support Desk Engineer position for an Alternative Investment firm in New York, NY
- The IT Support Desk Engineer will provide trade floor support, VIP support and 1st and 2nd line technical support to all employees as well as systems, business applications and vendor services both locally and in remote US offices.
- The Service Desk team is an initial point of contact for troubleshooting all IT related problems remotely/in-person and responsible for system builds/setups when required.
- Support requests are generated via a support ticket, phone call, e-mail or user walk ups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are paramount with prior experience in a technical role and managing a technical support team.
- Software, hardware and technical support for desktop, mobile and remote computers, and personal devices.
- Key technologies supported:
- Microsoft desktop operating systems including Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Microsoft Office including 2010 – 2016 / Office 365
- Microsoft Lync and Cisco CUCIMOC
- Mobile Device Management(MDM) of iOS, Android and Blackberry devices
- RSA management
- Cisco phones
- Networking basics
- Cisco Video conference systems
- Help to identify, document and escalate problems and major failures of service.
- Maintaining printers, copiers and video conferencing equipment.
- Logging and categorization of incidents and requests in an ITIL based call management system (Service-Now)
- Prioritization and escalation of calls within Service-Now to ensure items are resolved within established SLA’s
- Assisting with management of hardware inventory, vendor relationships and user IT procurement needs and disposal of retired equipment.
- Bachelor Degree, ideally in a technology related field.
- Three to five years of experience in a technical role and knowledge of desktop computer operations including network connectivity, installation, maintenance, configuration of hardware, and industry standard operating systems and software applications.
- Experience using an incident management system for managing support requests and reporting features.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.