Our client, a community health center, is looking to add a Staff Accountant to their team. This role will report to the CFO and will be responsible for the day to day functions of the Accounting department. We are looking for someone who has strong knowledge of general accounting principles and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a Staff Accountant role.
- Gather and collect all the financial data and information, to verify whether it has been accurately entered in the system, to monitor and retrieve the financial details whenever there is a need, etc.
- Review and post account payable ledger entries, manage and process invoices, to prepare and review account receivable, and other balance reconciliation.
- Track the journal entries by reviewing the source documentation and making relevant adjustments, assisting in the preparation of audit requirements, supporting in the preparation of statistical reports and to make sure that they are standardized.
- Provide support in budget preparation and drafting of relevant documents, perform miscellaneous filing, ad hoc reconciliation, etc.
- Make accurate entries in the accounting system to maintain an accurate filing system by processing the checks, expense reports, and reconciliation of accounts.
- Identify any financial discrepancies and corrects them, generate the cash received reports and reconcile the data.
- Update and maintain paper filing system.
- Prepare vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports and other records and reviews them for accuracy.
- Coordinates and prepares pertinent information for external accounting firm and auditors.
- Codes data for input to financial systems according to company’s procedures.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in finance, accounting, audit, or tax
- Proficient using electronic accounting software
- Efficient and thorough maintenance of files
- Experience in Accounts Payable and invoicing
- Strong Excel expertise
- Strong team work mentality
- High ethical and moral characteristics
- Strong computer skills essential
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.