Our client, a very successful hedge fund manager with 10BN+ AUM based in NYC is looking to add an Assistant Controller to their fund accounting team. It is a very dynamic role with exposure to CFO, Operations, Investor Relations and Trading desk.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all deliverables such as Weekly and monthly estimates, NAVs, processing subscriptions and redemptions, capital account statements and various ad hoc reports
- Ensure proper internal procedures and checklists are always followed
- Review carried interest calculations for accuracy
- Prepare capital calls and distribution allocation schedules in accordance with fund documents
- Prepare monthly expense allocations by fund and coordinate payments to vendors with management company accountant.
- Compile/review 1099 listing and ensure timely mailing to vendors/IRS
- Review quarterly and yearly financial statements
- Assist year-end audit process in collaboration with auditors
- Prepare CIMA filing for offshore entities
- Ensure investor queries are responded to in a timely manner
- Improve processes to gain efficiencies and reduce risk
- Ensure timely invoicing and collect or receivables
- Assist with compliance filings such as Form ADV and Form PF
- Work closely with controller to ensure exceptional work quality
- 4 to 7 years’ experience at a Hedge Fund, Private Equity Fund or an Administrator.
- Ideal candidate is detail-oriented, entrepreneurial and a self-starter
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with Excel
NOTE: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.