In this position, you will be developing OS middleware services that integrate with the computer vision, perception and machine learning sub-systems running on the device. A deep knowledge of OS development principles (hard and soft real-time, threading, resource management, security, etc.), as well as a familiarity with existing AOSP implementations (binder, SurfaceFlinger, etc.) will serve you well in this position.
- Innovative Gaming company
- Taking on exciting and a diverse range of projects and products.
- Great reputation industry-wide, which is an increasing rarity
- Collaborate with computer vision and machine learning teams to architect middleware services that enable multi-user AR experiences
- Designing and developing core OS middleware systems using C and/or C++
- Producing unit, functional, integration and interoperability tests, including automating tests when possible
- Writing technical documents, including architecture diagrams and API descriptions
- Fluency with common programming design patterns
- 5+ years programming experience with C and/or C++
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with existing AOSP middleware service systems (IPC, system policy, etc)
- Experience with Android & GNU Makefiles, ADB, SQLite and shell scripts
- Experience with version control & continuous integration tools such as git/gerrit
- Experience with protobufs and networking protocols a plus
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.