We are representing a leading multi-billion dollar hedge fund seeking a Senior Risk Manager with prior Portfolio Management AND Risk Management Experience across sectors and products.
- Multi-strategy firm w/ >50% of AUM committed to discretionary strategies; quantitative trading, alternative investment management arena (benchmark based)
- Fundamental investment strategies include: distressed securities, energy-related strategies, long/short equity (technology, media, telecom sectors), public equity, private equity, and direct capital (debt and equity financing)
- Various tech ventures in fields including biotechnology, biochemistry, Internet, and industries which will be fundamentally transformed by technology
- This person will be the right hand to the Head of Risk and will manage firmwide activities relating to capital allocations, investment screening, hedging strategies, and exposure reporting while overseeing inter departmental initiatives involving the risk group
- Dynamically analyzing performance, exposure and risk; providing oversight of external reporting
- Serve as a risk liaison to multiple business units and provide in-depth analysis of multiple strategies
- Interaction with a range of business & development teams globally
- Working closely with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Software Engineers, Counterparty Risk, Legal and Operations
- In depth analysis on risk, performance, capital requirements, exposure, performance monitoring, hedging, etc.
- 10+ years of financial markets experience (trading / portfolio management) w/ a min. of 3 years working in risk management
- Buy-side experience working across equities, commodities, currencies and fixed income is preferred
- Significant experience presenting to and interacting with senior management on financial and business-critical topics
- Well-developed management and interpersonal skills, and experience working with a range of front and back office groups
- Working knowledge of statistics and financial math is a must; financial modeling skills are an added plus
- Excellent communication skills and an analytical aptitude
- Well-organized, detail-oriented; able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines in a fast-paced, high demand environment
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.