Atlantic Group is currently representing a Senior Mechanical Estimator opportunity with a construction manager in the New York City market that specializes in core/shell projects. Successful candidates will have a background in construction/engineering and demonstrated experience estimating mechanical details for high dollar value projects.
- Review architectural drawings with a focus on HVAC, sprinkler, fire protection, and plumbing systems to reconcile omitted items and ensure correct allowances for the overall estimate package.
- Prepare quantity take-offs on all relevant projects (experience with on-screen take-off is a plus).
- Manage change order estimates.
- Develop and nurture professional relationships with clients to meet their needs and foster future business.
- Assist in the purchasing of subcontractors.
- Contribute to and participate in all relevant project related meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or a related field.
- 15+ years of experience estimating mechanical aspects of large core/shell construction projects.
- Extensive experience with HVAC and ductwork, (projects can have up to $30 million of ductwork alone) sprinkler systems, fire protection, and plumbing.
- Ability to clearly communicate with coworkers, sub-contractors, and clients.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with MS Office and estimating software
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.