We are helping one of the largest and busiest exhibit design firms in the country in finding a seasoned lighting designer for their New York office, the first time they are bringing this service in-house.
The lighting designer will offer artistic and technical input in the design, specification, and installation of electric and natural light in all of the firm’s projects, spanning ground-up museums in the Middle East, presidential libraries, legacy museums, and national parks.
- Produce lighting layouts, calculations, data sheets, and bid ready lighting specification
- Prepare documents and reports from concept design through technical design documentation
- Oversee electrical engineers work relevant to lighting systems
- Assist in the review and markup of shop drawing submittals
- Visit job sites to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress
- Aim and balance installed lighting fixtures
- Build the firms capacity and billable services in the area of lighting design
- 8-10 years of experience as a practicing lighting designer
- A background in architecture or interior design will also be considered
- Experience in calculation software packages such as AGI32, Lumen Designer, DIALux, and Radiance
- Experience in architectural software packages such as VectorWorks, Auto Cad, Revit, Rhino, and Sketchup
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to effectively handle multiple projects
- Good understanding of LEED/ WELL Building lighting criteria, daylighting practices
- Knowledge of building and energy codes
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.