We are representing a Traffic/Transportation Engineer with a focus on traffic impact studies. The ideal candidate is someone with a strong background application of traffic engineering and transportation planning principles for conducting impact analyses. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a lean and mean group of people who are working on the most exciting projects in New York and around the world.
- By virtue of being one of the most respected site civil firms in the country, this is a great opportunity to work on large and high-profile projects throughout the city (and around the globe).
- Because the structure of the New York office, the transportation team collaborates closely with the Land Use Planning Group and Site/Civil Engineering group, particularly on large urban rezoning projects, working on developing innovative solutions for prominent corridors, transit terminals, airports, highways, stadiums, as well as large- and small-scale developments of all types.
- The company is on the forefront of newly emerging fields in transportation, including: simulation models, traffic and revenue forecasts, intelligent transportation systems, complete streets, traffic calming, context sensitive design, multi-modal systems, smart growth and transit oriented development (TOD), progressive parking strategies, and sustainability metrics.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, M.S. degree in Traffic/Transportation a plus.
- FE/EIT certification required, P.E. license strongly encouraged.
- Possess 5 to 10 years of Traffic Engineering/Transportation Planning experience related to development projects in New York City.
- Knowledge of the New York City Environmental Quality Review (CEQR) process and regulations, as well as land use procedures.
- Demonstrated Highway Capacity Software (HCS) and Synchro/SimTraffic skills with the ability to conduct analysis from concept to completion.
- Proficiency with the methodologies of Highway Capacity Manual (HCM), Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) and Signal Warrant studies.
- Knowledge of simulation packages VISSIM and/or CORSIM a plus.
- Familiarity with the preparation of Work Zone Traffic Control Plans.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment on multiple assignments.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.