The Atlantic Group is looking for an Assistant Controller who will be responsible for the monthly hedge fund closing process for over 10 hedge funds, some with complex structures, and a few SMAs. The Assistant Controller reports to the Controller.
- Responsible for the closing process which involves working closely with and overseeing representatives of the fund administration firms.
- The fund administrators’ duties include maintaining all fund G/Ls and presenting a detailed monthly closing package to the client for review and final sign off.
- Reconciliation to the fund administrator and break resolution, PnL allocations and investor reporting, and working with the funds’ external auditors and tax preparers.
- The Assistant Controller will also be heavily involved in special projects and will work closely with other areas of the firm including Operations, Middle-Office, Valuations, Investor
- Relations, and the development team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 4-6 years Public Accounting/Fund Accounting experience; preferably with hedge fund and/or PE experience
- CPA or CPA track required
- Understanding of complex legal structures and related accounting consolidation issues
- Knowledge of fixed income, whole loans, derivatives, MBS and derivatives is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and computer skills (extensive excel knowledge a plus)
- Strong communication, problem solving skills, and leadership ability.
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized, with a willingness to learn and be challenged.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of the application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.