We are representing a Senior Developer position for an Asset Management firm in New York City
- We are looking for a Senior Developer to be part of our rapidly evolving technology environment.
- You won’t be in a cube, coding in a vacuum, but taking an active role in developing business technology tools.
- You will work as part of an agile team participating in analysis, design, development & implementation of applications, systems and processes that address business needs & are aligned to a multi-year roadmap. This includes applications & systems covering areas in Finance, Distribution, and Core Technology.
- Senior Developers are part of the wider Technology Team and have a voice in contributing to the firm wide technology agenda, integrating best practices, technology standards and innovation across the entire team.
- Balance strong object oriented design and design patterns with the ability to communicate clearly with both business and technology users
- Participate in the analysis of requirements and collaborate with team members to attain high reusability and maintainability by building flexible data models and seamless integration points.
- Be able to develop in a variety of platforms, using the right tool for the right job all while leveraging industry & firm frameworks where appropriate.
- Review all code work for accuracy and functionality and communicate/enforce coding standards
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Create and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Discuss and debate solutions, both process and technique – ask why things are done and challenge the status quo before executing.
- Show appetite and aptitude for owning responsibility of technical decisions and direction for one or many projects/teams.
- Attend to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions to project/team or company related issues.
- Build consensus and facilitate discussions to exchange new ideas and improvements.
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen technology platform and development practices.
- BS / MS in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 5+ years of application development experience in modern OO languages like C#/.Net using enterprise frameworks and design patterns.
- Must have a solid understanding & experience of relational databases and data structures preferably in SQL Server environment
- Broad, hands-on experience with finance, treasury, billing, and distribution systems is a strong plus.
- Full lifecycle experience including requirements gathering, implementation, testing, release and support
- Well rounded developer with interest and aptitude to quickly learn new tools and technologies.
- Solid analytical, design, and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas within and across teams.
- Ability to shift focus and juggle priorities as per situation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or assistance to complete tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong team player
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.