We are representing a Senior Developer position for an Asset Management firm in Chicago, IL
- Have vast experience in the full life cycle of application development in an enterprise setting.
- Have experience in operating in an Agile Methodology like Scrum.
- Be able to communicate clearly & logically.
- Be happy collaborating with team members to ideate, estimate & implement solutions.
- Actively participate in the Agile process, following Scrum Methodology working in sprints on stories defined & prioritized by the product owners.
- Challenge the status quo and ask why before executing.
- Effectively interact with business units to understand requirements & contexts.
- Look for better ways of doing things, but be economically minded & opportunistic.
- Be involved & responsible architectural & design decisions.
- Be fully hands on & actively code in the current technology stack.
- Be happy to code review other team member’s code and be happy to receive reviews on own code
- Be happy to document & share information that aids in future development & support.
- Voice opinions in Scrum Retrospectives, seeking ways of improving the process and outcomes.
- Solve for Production Issues of systems that are implemented in production
- Would be the consummate team member – contributes to the team, coaches the team, listens to the team, wins & loses with the team.
- Demonstrate a sense of personal & team accountability
- BS / MS in Computer Science or similar discipline.
- Experience in Financial Services Industry, with Asset Management a plus.
- 4+ years of application development experience in modern OO languages like .Net/Java using enterprise frameworks and design patterns.
- Previous experience with UNIX/Linux a plus.
- Must be strong in developing applications, systems & processes in C# /.Net, Java, MS SQL Server.
- Must have a solid understanding & experience of databases, database designs, complex SQL, data transformation, and comprehensive Stored Procedures development.
- Python development experience it’s a plus.
- Familiarity with various flavors of WebServers/Appservers – IIS, JBOSS/Tomcat etc as plus.
- Experience with scheduling platforms (i.e. Autosys, Control M,SysAdmiral).
- Cognos Reporting and Informatica experience a plus.
- Interest and aptitude to learn new tools and technologies.
- Strong analytical, design, and problem solving skills.
- Solid communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Poised under high-pressure situations.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.