This position is responsible performing analyses related to inventory, cost and hedging, assisting with the month-end close process. This position will also assist district, area, and regional personnel with their fuel inventory.
- Understand the dynamics of cost within each business segment and ensure the calculation of costs for both management projections and the income statement depict accurate costs based on the operational activity.
- Ensure timely and accurate costing of all propane inventories, timeliness and accuracy of all cost uploads.
- Continuously work to improve systems and procedures for timely and meaningful recording and reporting of cost results.
- Perform analysis and reporting of costs for Management to allow for transparency and sound decision-making.
- Assist with inventory/cost analysis, reconciliations, district gain/loss variance analysis, and SOX key controls as needed.
- Review and approve work prepared by other analysts and accountants, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Controller.
- Four-year college degree with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- GAAP accounting knowledge – CPA or MBA preferred
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in accounting and reporting
- Microsoft Office, including advanced level MS Excel skills are required. Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.