We are representing a Senior Citrix Engineer position for an Alternative Investment firm in Chicago, IL.
- 5+ years of relevant, hands-on experience supporting Windows Server 2008(R2) and Windows 2012 in an Enterprise Environment
- Strong understanding of generally accepted system administration methodologies, tools, and techniques, and desire to instill these practices in both individual and teammates’ work
- Understanding of networking and common datacenter infrastructure
- Good written documentation skills and demonstrable experience of documenting systems and procedures
- Ability to communicate to all levels of audience and structure messages in keeping with the listeners experience, background and expectation
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and ever evolving business and technology landscape
- Ability to collaborate and work with team members in and out of the Citrix environment spanning multiple geographic sites and various lines of technology platforms
- Ability to organize task and set priorities with minimal supervision while raising awareness to issues or conflicts before it impacts deadlines and goals
- Detail-oriented individual who can manage his/her own time
- Experience with and wiliness to follow a strict change management and incident tracking process
- Passion for providing outstanding support for inbound incident tickets, as well as foresight to keep things running smoothly by utilizing monitoring systems such as SCOM and other monitoring toolkits; must know when to work independently, and when to escalate
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with a scientific approach to problem investigation and resolution
- Thorough understanding of working principles, and experience supporting Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft DNS, IIS, Virtualization (Hyper-V or VMware)
- Lead the evaluation for technical and business applications overseeing the installation and testing of application
- Disciplined in operating in a secure environment without standing admin access and the ability to develop workflow following strict security guidelines and best practices
- Experience in administrating a highly available multi-platform/site Citrix environment
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience working in a large scale Citrix infrastructure.
- A minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience administering enterprise applications hosted across LAN and WAN configuration.
- Experience in VDI deployment is a plus.
- Experience in Financial sector preferred.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent computer related field
Required XenApp 6.5/7.x and XenDesktop knowledge:
- Configuration of Citrix server policies, load and profile management
- Packaging software applications using Citrix profiler and on hosted desktops
- Management of XenApp StoreFront
- Management of Citrix NetScaler
- Management of Citrix EdgeSight/MAS monitoring
- Experience in Windows Installer (MSI) and Transform (MST) installation and resolving runtime application faults/errors
- Server provisioning utilizing VM (image) and Citrix (MCS) technology for XenApp and XenDesktop
- Providing comprehensive documentation of system builds and application installations
- Experience with using application streaming to package and deliver software to end users.
- Lead the evaluation of technical and business applications including the installation and testing of application from QA, DEV to Production
- VDI provisioning using MCS technology for XenDesktop including VDA familiarly of VDA agent deploy.
- AppSense application suite experience including application control, environment manager, desktop now and performance manager.
- Nutanix hyper converge expertise a plus.
Experience in Microsoft Windows technology including
- Distributed File System (DFS) and Replication (DFSR) in a multi-site topology
- Windows AppV application virtualization a plus
- Microsoft Office 365 in a share platform
- AD, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, Certificate Authority, Windows Clustering, etc.
- Working knowledge of VMware ESX/vSphere 6.x
- Proficient in Windows scripting including PowerShell and VB
- Participate in Tier-3 monthly on-call rotation and proactively monitor e-mail communications to the Citrix and application distribution
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.