The Atlantic Group is looking for a Senior Audit Associate out of public accounting to work at a accounting consulting services firm in their Financial Services Audit department. Under direction from Supervisor, Managers or Partners, the Assurance Senior will be responsible for the planning and supervision of accounting and audit engagements.
- Plan and supervise assigned engagements
- Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business
- Supervise and train staff assigned to engagements
- Review all workpapers
- Review financial statements including note disclosures before initial review by manager
- Research and facilitate the resolution of issues arising during engagements
- Interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Active involvement in professional development
- Prepare staff evaluations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4-5 years public accounting experience
- Solid knowledge of accounting and auditing standards
- Dedicated to superior client service
- Exposure to research techniques
- Excellent project management, interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Supervise several engagements simultaneously
- Possess an ability to multitask and complete engagements within time constraints and deadlines
- Highly motivated self-starter and dependable
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of the application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.