We are working with an MEP and energy design firm that has designed some of the world’s most complex, large-scale, and high-profile projects. Their portfolio extends across the globe and they are considered universally to be best-in-class. They’re also growing and winning new work, including laboratories and airports. They seek a Senior Associate Mechanical Engineer to be a leader in their New York office. This is a rare opportunity to join a design firm with an unparalleled reputation and a pipeline of meaty projects, both local and abroad, and be a leader among a team of talented designers.
- Act as Job Leader for the specific engineering discipline you are responsible for overseeing work competently on an independent basis
- Communicate directly with clients
- Manage workload of Project Discipline Engineers and Technicians
- Take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions for detail design
- Prepare Technical Specifications
- Carry out design reviews prior to the issue of technical documentation
- Monitor financial performance of projects
- Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary)
- Keep senior staff informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the client are achieved
- Inform all relevant staff of client matters
- Continually ensure practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s best interests and that BH policy is in keeping with current legislation and the relevant building codes for the relevant state, etc.
- 8-12 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering and HVAC experience
- Professional Engineer
- Good experience with BIM tools such as REVIT and Navisworks
- Good experience using Excel, Word and PowerPoint and Adobe creative suite
- Ideal sector experience in Labs, Commercial and Higher Education
- Experience in the use of energy analysis tools such as Trane Trace, IES, EQuest etc.
- LEED AP accredited preferred
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.