Senior Associate will be part of a 3-person real estate tax team handling REITs and private equity funds in the real estate industry and will report to the VP – Tax. The real estate tax team is part of the broader tax group, which consists of approximately 25 individuals. The new hire will be involved in all aspects of tax compliance as well as tax planning and structuring of real estate private equity funds and will also have exposure to projects relating to other investment groups.
- Work alongside outside accounting firms in the preparation and review of tax allocation workpapers and partnership/corporate tax returns.
- Work with accounting team to prepare estimated withholding calculations for various funds.
- Respond to investor requests and federal/state tax notices.
- Review quarterly REIT qualifications testing.
- Prepare income tax provisions and ASC 740 memos supporting financial statements.
- Support tax team with FATCA filings for various jurisdictions.
- Assist with check the box elections and EIN application review.
- Research tax issues as they arise.
- 3+ years of relevant tax experience with record of advancement and progressive skill building
- Public accounting experience. Big-4, MST, CPA preferred.
- Experience with REITs and private investment funds.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to adapt to change in a growth environment.
- Enjoys working in a challenging, fast paced environment.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of the application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.