We are representing a SCCM Engineer position for a Private Equity firm in New York City.
Microsoft SCCM infrastructure and Windows-based systems engineer for the Platform Engineering department to perform the following functions:
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manger (SCCM) system administration will provide troubleshooting, networking, system security, system integration, group policy management, and daily monitoring tasks as required
- Performing routine upgrades and preventative SCCM maintenance for existing infrastructure, as well as responsibility for the performance/scalability/integration of additional SCCM servers as they are deployed to support the distributed environment;
- Assist with monthly Windows Update deployment process to Windows servers and workstations within the organization via SCCM using Security best practices.
- BIOS and UEFI conversion
- Perform SCCM health checks and regular SCCM client health sustainment
- Power Bi Reporting for SCCM
- Monitoring the health of SCCM distribution points and disk space and memory usage for SCCM servers.
- Creating custom SCCM reports.
- SCCM OSD customizations using MDT and troubleshooting OSD issues
- Analyze SCCM log files, provide patch management support
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring and reporting on controls compliance
- Ensures that appropriate tools or mechanisms exist to deliver world-class services and processes exist and/or are developed as appropriate
- Communicate highly technical information to management teams
- Understanding of the business’ goals and objectives, with demonstrated ability to apply technology in solving business problems
- Initiative and ability to enforce policies and procedures through influence
- 5+ years SCCM system administration, engineering, architecture and design
- 5+ years of experience in desktop OS engineering
- 5+ years infrastructure technologies, including aspects of designing, implementing and supporting systems at the engineering level
- 5+ years working knowledge of: Windows registry, DHCP, DNS, DFS, EMET, Active Directory, VLAN management, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting issue remediation for client laptop and server communication and providing resolution
- Advanced experience with Operations System Deployment (OSD) around imaging, analysis and troubleshooting and automating those issue detections/resolutions (Level III/IIII Support)
- Able to create new SCCM documentation on best practices and industry standards to deliver to those operational support teams, creating custom reports in SCCM (SQL)
- Supporting Microsoft Server/SCCM; Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager
- SQL-based application administration; create custom SCCM reports and SQL queries in SSRS.
- Active Directory process automation; Active Directory Group policy administration;
- Microsoft Windows and IIS server administration; Demonstrated experience supporting Microsoft Server/SCCM systems; Microsoft Key Management Services technology for Windows and Office; Microsoft Advanced Group Policy Management Tool;Security benchmarking, vulnerability scanning, and remediation technologies and procedures
- Working knowledge of common server-based applications
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory and networking concepts such as TCP/IP and other networking protocols and services: DNS, WINS, DHCP, Routing, MAC
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.