The Risk and Controls Manager will be responsible for support of our clients SOX initiative, maintenance and enhancement of their financial control’s environment and program. They will lead the co-ordination of internal testing and review test findings, facilitate the remediation of control gaps and escalate possible critical issues to the senior management of the Company. They will also be heavily involved in the relationship management of internal control collaboration with their Affiliates and the Company’s external auditors. They will be expected to identify areas of potential improvement for key processes and procedures and support management with the implementation of these improvements.
- Assist with all facets of the Sarbanes Oxley Program. Specifically: financial statement risk assessment, process documentation update coordination, issue resolution, and interfacing with all key stakeholders including senior management, external auditors, third party service providers, and Affiliate employees
- Assist with Internal Audit and Risk strategy by identifying risk areas across the Company and designing an overall risk framework to address those risks. Oversee outsourced Internal Audit provider.
- Ad-hoc projects to drive process improvement and efficiency, and support new initiatives or transactions including the implementation of new systems supporting the Control / Risk Framework
- Assist with reporting to Executive Management and Board of Directors
- 8+ years of prior work experience, including strong Finance and Accounting experience in financial services (particularly Asset Management)
- Significant experience with SOX controls projects
- Strong communication skills to manage through complex issues with external auditors, Affiliate finance contacts, senior management team, etc.
- Solid project management skills, and comfort with systems and database concepts
- Desire to learn in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
SEC public company experience and Big Four or other top-tier consulting firm experience a plus
- Experience with PCAOB and COSO 2013 Framework
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.