In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating Mental Health services for mentally ill homeless adults residing in a ten unit 24-month transitional OMH licensed Community Residence on West 173rd Street in Manhattan.
- Assist with coordination and implementation of clinical activities that provide culturally competent service planning to help residents with identifying needs according to the mission of the program.
- Provide assistance to mental health counselors with emphasizing psycho-education, medication management, money management, entitlements, securing permanent housing and activities of daily living.
- Maintain resident-based caseload as determined by the needs of the program.
- Complete weekly progress notes in accordance with Medicaid billing procedures.
- Coordinate crisis intervention with mental health and/or substance abuse providers such as hospitals, detoxification clinics, day treatment programs, therapeutic communities, etc.
- Report to Assistant Program Director all deficiencies within the facility to assure all safety standards are met in accordance with program policy and mandates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health/Human Service ideal; may be overlooked by four years of mental health counseling and/or clerical experience in mental health/housing experience with observation by a licensed professional.
- Training in conflict resolution and solid clinical skills
- Experience working with mentally ill individuals
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish preferred
- Working knowledge of regulations for Part 595 and Medicaid funding and reimbursement procedures
- Knowledge of New York State Office of Mental Health and New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene system (DOHMH), Housing and Urban Development (HUD), providers and related resources.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.