Successful long/short hedge fund looking for a Research Assistant to support Chief Investment Officer. Candidates should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment.
Support firm’s CIO, performing various support and research duties on the firm’s industry and stock coverage universe and operations team.
- Support PM and investment team in advance of key meetings, calls and conferences – preparing research materials, printing/organizing transcripts, printing models, call notes, research, etc.
- Daily summary of research and industry trends
- Update proprietary models based on most recent SEC Filings
- Listening to conference calls and providing investment team with summary highlights, summarizing investor presentations, and updating the team on key industry developments
- Perform one-off research projects related to potential and existing investment theses
- Identify key industry trends and distill it into a coherent story of how it will effect firm’s coverage universe
- Managing and maintaining research/marketing events calendar
- Organizing travel, conference registration, scheduling meetings/calls with various vendors
- Handling office supply management, interactions with building/IT, and other hands-on, one-off tasks
- Support CFO in various operational tasks: working with the firm’s brokers/vendors, bill management, editing marketing materials, various back office tasks, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Excellent communication skills – phone / email
- Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking skills, attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Proactive, motivated and “can do” attitude
- Committed, mature and hard-working with interest in growth and longevity with the company
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Excellent analytical and reasoning abilities
- Honest and trustworthy with high integrity
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.