We are representing a Quality Assurance Manager position for a Private Equity firm in New York City.
Quality Assurance Manager to work closely with Development and Product Management teams on delivery of mission critical, global business systems, ensuring system quality and performance.
- Be an experienced hands-on manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs
- Understand how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and develop QA approaches that fit the overall strategy
- Work with a team of internal and external testers to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Define testing and test automation coding norms, including technology/tool selection, oversight of their implementation, and promoting continuous improvement through regular reviews.
- Recruit, hire, and lead an extraordinary team of internal and external QA Engineers and testers
- Provide expertise for Development and Product Management in all areas of software quality, including the deployment process. You will identify meaningful trends and practices, so we can release quickly and with high confidence.
- Responsible for scaling our automated testing in a continuous integration environment, defining and evolving our testing strategy in service of team and company objectives.
- Work closely with Development and Product Management to ensure that all deadlines and goals are met, as well as quality software is released on schedule
- Responsible for the end to end ownership of a QA team, including setting the technical vision for developing test frameworks and automation.
- Be a champion of quality and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvements.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing engineers, supporting the long-term career development of direct reports by helping them build their skills in software testing
- Develop and continuously improve testing practices and strategies including functional, performance, regression, and rollback testing scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Responsible for end to-end testing through use of both manual and automated testing techniques
- Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
- Establish goals and objectives for appropriate testing cycles.
- Partner with the development team to leverage CI/CD processes for test automation
- Provide the product owner/manager with the right information to allow them to make data driven release decisions
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or 10 years of equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a people manager leading teams of individual contributor and leads
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including experience leading an Agile transformation for QA functions
- Experience in testing high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Experience with employee development, performance management and delivering results
- Experience with designing test tools and frameworks with an emphasis on test automation and extending test coverage
- Experience with several different programming languages and test automation technologies
- Has experience and conviction around measures to quantify software quality
- Proven track record to creating and executing on highly effective quality processes
- At least 5 years of experience with ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development)
- At least 5 years of experience writing test scripts
- Experience with performance testing using open source tools such as LoadRunner and JMeter
- Experience with CI/CD tools: Jenkins
- Significant Experience with Visual Studio Team Services, Azure DevOps
- Experience in agile development methodology
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.