We are representing a Project Manager opportunity with a legacy builder in the mid-Atlantic (they’ve been around for 130 years). The firm specialized in everything from mixed-use, hospitality and gaming, and senior living construction – their project list is as impressive as their history. They are looking for a project manager to join their Wilmington team who will oversee budgets, schedules, and the technical performance of the on-site team for a range of projects.
- Prepare the project plan, sequence and schedule with collaboration of field personnel.
- Prepare and issues project documents including progress reports, project schedule updates, and financial/budget updates.
- Initiate periodic meetings and other forms of communication with project team members and customer, to acquaint them with unresolved problems and to provide an adequate degree of coordination.
- Monitor project progress for adherence to schedule and man hour expenditures versus percent complete.
- Re-plan and make corrections/adjustments to maintain schedule; identifies cause, advises customer and negotiates changes in fee.
- Monitor project scope for changes affecting budget and schedule; identifies cause, advises customer and negotiates changes in fee.
- Keep customer informed of progress on the project and of any technical problems/solutions and their effect on design and costs.
- Identify solution to any problem which might impede progress of the project or adversely affect customer relations. This includes soliciting the help and personal involvement of management in the solution of unusual technical problems encountered in the progress of work.
- Coordinate with Estimating department staff on the development of costs and time schedules. Also, assembles estimates including soliciting subcontractor quotations.
- Review with the Estimating department staff all plans, specifications, and reports relative to the project.
- Participate in the contract negotiations and change in scope budgeting with the client and ensure that all procedures governing the review and approval of contracts are followed before signing.
- Review initial estimate in the preparation for initial budget upload in coordination with estimating and accounting department. You will also assist with the preparation of the Project Performance Agreement (PPA).
- Help with the project procurement process including, interview preparation, staff planning, scheduling, and interview process.
- Manage and develop the Project Assistants and Project Engineer(s).
- Review safety requirements in pre-installation planning sessions and obtain acknowledgement by sub(s) to ensure they follow our guidelines. You will also conduct site safety inspections.
- B.S. degree in Construction technology, Engineering or other related discipline and 5-10 years relevant experience.
- Experience in construction project management with contract values of $10-15 million and up.
- Experience in multiple disciplines including, project management, estimating, preconstruction services, and construction management.
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification.
- OSHA 30, First Aid and CPR is preferred.
- Experience in the sales and marketing process including making presentations to potential customers.
- Ability to travel and work additional hours when needed to meet business plan goals.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.