We are representing a Project Executive & Business Developer position with a large general contractor specializing in office, healthcare, food & beverage, manufacturing, and distribution. Their Life Sciences Division is growing and they seek a strong construction executive who can represent this core strength to clients in the Charlotte, NC area. As a PX and BD leader, you will be responsible for securing new projects and clients in the Life Sciences market.
- Locate new business opportunities to support increased revenue and profitability of the company through the growth of Life Science market segment by performing the following:
- Leverage existing & current relationships with potential clients and partners.
- Develop new relationships with potential clients and partners.
- Identify and participate in industry organizations and events.
- Support marketing and promotional efforts.
- Secure new business opportunities by leading and managing internal company stakeholders/resources and providing technical, business and strategic input including the following:
- Provide market intelligence, data analysis, strategy development and resolve internal priorities.
- Lead and/or support the development of pre-qualification packages, proposals, marketing materials and interview preparation.
- Develop project execution strategies, schedules and estimates for project proposals.
- Lead effort to partner with external stakeholders to develop strategies to meet client goals
- Partner with external stakeholders to develop alternate execution strategies to provide better value for the client.
- Lead effort to follow up on feedback from client meetings and presentations, including updating proposals and marketing materials.
- Act as Project Executive for strategically selected projects, clients, region, etc. in order to support current and future business by maintaining client relationships and building trust. This includes acting as client advocate, including reviewing project progress, visiting job sites, participating in appropriate project meetings and communicating with the client.
- Support overall business and market segment strategies:
- Develop strategies to optimize business opportunities and meet the growth/profitability objectives of the Life Sciences Division.
- Develop and regularly update the business development strategy for the Life Sciences Division, with Senior Management review and input.
- Identify key issues and develop strategies to overcome internal or external challenges.
- Participate in weekly business development meetings by providing updates on opportunities.
- Provide feedback to Senior Management on all business pursuits.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Construction Science, Engineering/Technical or Life Sciences.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Construction Project Management, Design/Engineering, Estimating and/or Business Development.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Life Sciences industry preferred.
- Strong knowledge of pre-construction and project execution.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with a strong ability to influence decisions of team members, partners and customers.
- Candidate should be able to communicate content and support the production of professional proposals and presentations using appropriate software including MS Office, Visio, Prezi, etc.
- Travel up to 50% will be required to support the development of business opportunities and relationships with clients/partners.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.