We are representing a Project Engineer opportunity for a legacy construction firm with offices across the mid-Atlantic. The Project Engineer will be supporting the Project Team and, at the same time, will help lay a foundation for a career in construction. This type of role tends to develop into project management and other leadership tracks.
The PE will provide critical support to ensure that the construction project run on time and resolving site issues promptly. You will also ensure subcontractor schedules are in sync, complete change orders, and document RFIs.
This 125-year-old contractor is in all market sectors, but they specialize in recession-proof education and healthcare spaces, from Connecticut to Delaware. Consistently ranked among ENR’s top contractors, the firm is as active in their business development as the are in their civic commitments. They host construction competitions for middle schoolers, builds pro bono for Habitat for Humanity and the Boy Scouts, to name a few.
- Participate in planning and managing documentation: timesheets, invoices, writing contracts, and owner change orders, and evaluate quantities in the workplace.
- Assist the Project Manager as a liaison between the architect, owner and field personnel.
- Assist the Superintendent with interpreting drawings and specifications.
- Procure building permits; resolve bidding questions.
- You will provide copying, filing, faxing, and other related administrative support, including file maintenance and storage.
- Collect, review and process Submittal and RFI project documentation and distribute to appropriate partners.
- Compose or transcribe meeting minutes, interoffice memos, and format correspondence to clients, vendors, subcontractors, government agencies, and other partners.
- Coordinate and monitor the bid package process and quotes to ensure quote coverage.
- Help with the preparation, distribution and monitoring of project billings (draws) through to completion.
- Activate and maintain accurate project files including logs for AIA change orders, pending change orders, permits, submittals, RFI’s, etc.
- Assist the Project Manager to develop, monitoring, and updating the project schedule and managing the project.
- Attend project meetings.
- Maintain close-out documents for project completion (i.e., O & M manuals.).
- Ensure Safety is never compromised; communicate the project safety program and participate in conducting safety inspections.
- Help mentor, train, and develop of Project Engineers (PEI).
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Technology, Engineering or other related discipline, or related experience in the construction industry.
- Experience with Primavera Scheduling, SureTrak, MS Project, Asta Powerproject and CMiC is required.
- Familiarity with Timberline is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software Systems, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.