Act as a bridge between business and technology, taking responsibility for particular processes, systems or projects and ensuring quality delivery. Bring energy and enthusiasm to a growing team that is leading a business and IT transformation. Should become a subject matter expert in multiple business and/or technology areas. This resource will have a thirst for knowledge and a strong desire to lead improvement efforts through technical implementations, organizational change and effective communications. Depending on assignment, may be focused more on IT systems, business functions and processes or on managing particular projects, or a combination of all of these. Assignments may change over time based on need and aptitude. Support senior business systems managers/owners.
Business Functions & Processes
- Able to learn and understand at a high level the business functions and dive in to the details where necessary
- Able to conceptualize processes and suggest improvements
- Through a deep understanding of these functions and processes able to act as a proxy for the business users, and represent their needs in discussions with Technology, external vendors or other internal groups
- Able to develop and understand a higher-level conceptual model of how all the functions and processes interact and are interdependent
- Able to write technical requirements based on business needs for implementation
- Able to communicate with developers, infrastructure teams, and other stakeholders and drive successful program outcomes
- Able to collaborate with IT in design of technical solutions, including cloud migration, collaboration rollout, etc.
- Able to consider and comment upon non-functional requirements, and hold their own in discussions about technical architecture, performance, service levels, etc.
- Create concrete, detailed project plans including schedule, budget, team member tasks, etc.
- Collaborate with various teams and hold meetings to develop project plans and present them to management.
- Closely monitor project progress to ensure that projects remain on track, meet deadlines, stay under budget, and develop according to plan. Responsible not only for documenting project objectives, but also for ensuring that they are met.
- Responsible for gathering and documenting all project results and then reporting or presenting them to the appropriate parties.
- Maintaining contact with clients and other parties through email and phone calls, answering questions and concerns, preparing presentations, entering project data and other project-related clerical duties as needed.
- Learn all aspects of assigned business functions or technical systems
- Determine and prioritize improvement plans
- Document business needs
- Verify technical delivery of business needs
- Manage junior, temp or matrixed resources in achieving specific tasks
- Create and update project plans in Excel or MS Project
- Schedule meetings
- Manage meeting logistics including conference calls, WebEx, etc.
- Write meeting notes
- Maintain project repository in SharePoint, checking in documents, etc.
- Maintain and update project related registers in Excel or SharePoint such as Issues List, Risk Register, etc.
- Follow up with other project resources to notify them of upcoming deadlines, get task status, obtain necessary deliverables, etc.
- Basic administrative workflow tasks around getting invoice approvals, executing NDAs and SOWs, etc.
- Producing certain project deliverables
- Creating PowerPoint presentations based on input from other resources
- Producing status reports
- Experience working as a management consultant or business systems manager with exposure to financial companies and information technology
- Exposure to business analysis, requirements gathering and quality assurance
- Analytical thinker, able to break high-level project goals into discrete tasks
- Expertise with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Project Management
- Good Communication skills, written and oral.
- Experience with MS Project or some other project management tool
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience managing cloud and collaboration rollouts and migrations.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion