Our client is a leading independent alternative investment manager with currently US$11 billion in assets under management in private equity and real estate. Their core objective is to develop and deliver solutions in private equity and real estate that meet client specific investment requirements.
- Assist the Associate / Sr. Associate with the fund accounting, financial reporting, and capital statement reporting.
- Assists in preparing accounting work papers and financial statements, including footnotes and supporting schedules.
- Records the journal entries for management fees, investments, accruals, other expense/income, valuation adjustments and bank reconciliations.
- Assists in calculating the capital transactions, management fees and accruals.
- Assists in the allocation of portfolio and income transactions.
- Assists in preparing the partner capital accounts.
- Assists in the completion of the external audits and taxes in the US and Germany.
- Special projects as needed.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Attention to details, proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude and can work in a team environment.
- At least two years of relevant work experience directly at a private equity fund or funds of funds or indirectly at one of the Big Four accounting firms
- Must have a strong background in accounting and a sound understanding of accounting rules.
- Solid written and verbal communications skills in German and English
- Investran (private equity software solution) experience is a plus but strong computer skills are required.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.