We’re looking for a Paralegal to assist a local firm with temporary coverage for the next three months. Our ideal candidate will have at least one year of Paralegal experience, ideally within Personal Injury.
- Interview and screen clients; prepare memo summarizing the interview for the supervising attorney.
- Request, organize and summarize medical records.
- Conduct document searches and factual research.
- Prepare and serve discovery requests and compile discovery responses.
- Schedule and/or attend medical examinations of parties.
- Communicate with and interview experts, medical personnel, law enforcement officers, etc.
- Summarize depositions and attached exhibits.
- Draft correspondence and legal documents, such as summonses, pleadings, discovery requests, motions, notices and pretrial orders, etc.
- Assist the attorney in trial preparation, including witness preparation, organizing exhibits, preparing exhibit lists and coordinating witness appearances.
- Assist the attorney in the courtroom during trial by taking notes, marking exhibits and serving as a liaison between the witnesses, trial attorney and other firm staff.
- 2 years of relevant experience, Personal Injury heavily preferred
- Ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize tasks and perform on deadline in a highly demanding environment.
- Familiarity with federal, state and local rules of civil procedure.
- Familiarity with legal and research databases.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff members, clients, witnesses, attorneys and courtroom staff.
- Ability to report to work on time and with regular attendance.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.